Become a Pattern Tester
Apply to be a You Should Craft pattern tester! If you’re interested, please fill out the questionnaire below. This will add you to the You Should Craft tester pool and you’ll be notified of upcoming testing opportunities.
Before applying, please review the requirements to ensure you can meet them. If you have questions, you can contact me here or scroll down to see the FAQ.
- Pattern testers agree to complete the project and send notes/photos by the given deadline
- Pattern testers must have a public Instagram profile and be willing to share at least one picture (either work-in-progress or finished) using the project hashtag
- Pattern testers must have a Ravelry profile and will create a Ravelry project that’s linked to the pattern
- Pattern testers must provide 2-3 quality photos of the completed project. Photos are best when clear and taken in natural lighting
- If the testing guidelines are not met, testers will be invoiced for the price of the final PDF pattern
Pattern Tester FAQ:
What are pattern testers? Testers are amazing makers who work hard to proof read patterns. Testers help make sure the pattern instructions are clear and free of typos, the stitch counts are correct, the images are in the right section, etc. They help the designer make sure the pattern fits different sizes of people, works with different brands of yarn, and can be crocheted using different tensions.
I’m a beginner – intermediate crocheter, can I be a tester? It depends on the project, but generally, yes. Testers will be considered regardless of their crochet experience.
I’ve never tested a pattern, can I be a tester? Of course! You’ve gotta start somewhere, right?
How are testers chosen? Regardless of the project, I’ll be looking for great photography (clear images, ideally taken in natural light). For garments, I’ll also be looking at the size you’ve chosen to crochet (e.g., it’s better to have 2 testers for each size than 10 testers for one size)
What if I don’t finish my test in time? If you don’t meet the pattern test requirements, you will be invoiced for the full price of the PDF and moved to the bottom of the tester priority list. If this happens twice, you will be removed from the pattern tester pool and will no longer be considered for any You Should Craft pattern tests.